Thursday, August 7, 2014

The journey begins...

The bags are packed.  Finally.  It was a great deal more difficult than I was anticipating, but that's life.  This is my first time spending an entire year in China.  How do you fit your entire life into one 50-lb. suitcase with everything you want for a year?  Answer: I have no clue.

So, I decided to take two suitcases.  Not the best frugal option, but it does save my sanity somewhat.  Still didn't fit what I wanted to fit, but it does fit what I need.  So I suppose that will be sufficient.  I can  always purchase the additional necessities in China.

Maybe if I keep traveling back and forth enough times, I will finally learn the art of packing.  I know friends who are exceptional packers, and never seem to have this problem.  Personally, I always tend to be an over-packer.  I see it as the need to be prepared wherever I go.  And the dislike of needing to buy something I already have.  But maybe someday I'll figure it out.  For now, not so much.

Thursday morning begins my trip out of state, as we drive towards Maryland.  The first part of the journey has begun.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safely to China, and that you are doing well. I really love the pictures that you have up here I need to get back to DC someday. I have been watching Doctor Who not yet sure what my thoughts are toward the new doctor. What classes are you teaching and what is new. Hope you have a great weekend. ps. not really sure how this commenting thing works but this is Nathan V. K. if you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm not quite sure how this comment system works either. DC was really cool. I hope to go back soon to see all the monuments I missed. We've been watching Doctor Who as well. The first episode was...unique. But I liked the second episode much better. We'll see. I'm curious to see where they go with it. Right now, I just have 3 classes, all Sophomore Oral English. Eventually I will have Freshmen later in the semester. They are a lot of fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Cool, thanks for the news. I heard your Dad has a new job, is that true? I hope so. Also I have potential job news. I might have a job soon working at the USPS so we will see. How is your Mom doing with all the new stuff. Are you able to work on any of your writing? I hope your students are well mannered. Have a great week love the look of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I haven't replied in so long!! My dad does have a new job and I think he's enjoying it quite a bit. Definitely a change for him, but he seems very happy. My mother also seems to be doing well. Any news on the USPS job? I have been working on my writing off and on with my friend. It just keeps getting bigger and more complicated, but it's fun! :) My students are very kind and so much fun. Thanks!

      Delete